What is Multi-factor authentication?
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a simple, effective way to protect against cyber threats such as phishing attacks, which affect businesses everywhere.
- In February 2021, Salesforce announced that MFA will be required for all internal users who access Salesforce products through the user interface, either by logging in directly or through single sign-on (SSO).
All Fingertip users will be forced into enabling MFA in Salesforce's Autumn '23 Release, but you can already enable MFA with the details below. Read more about MFA from Salesforce's public materials.
Setting up Multi-Factor Authentication using an Authenticator App from a User perspective
Setting up an Authenticator App for Fingertip is simple for users. Following these steps, it should only take minutes:
- After your administrator has enabled MFA, login to your Salesforce account.
- You will see a screen requesting you to register an Authenticator App.
NOTE: You can use Salesforce's Authenticator, or any other. Fingertip recommends the Microsoft Authenticator, available in the App Store and Google Play.
- Click on Choose Another Verification Method.
- Select Use verification codes from an authenticator app.
- Click Continue
- Open your authenticator app of choice using your phone, press on Add New Account, and select Add with QR code (or similar).
- Scan the QR code on screen, and enter the 6-digit verification code generated for your Fingertip account by the authenticator app.
- Click Connect to verify your authenticator.
- You're done! In the future, Fingertip will request a 6-digit verification code from the authenticator app every time after you login with your username and password, making your account extremely secure.