There's a few places where you can create new Notes, in this tutorial we will go through the most simple ways, creating a Note from the Utility Bar (bottom navigation) and adding a Note to a record. There is also an advanced way of creating Notes by accessing the Notes tab but there is a separate article for that.
Creating a Note from Utility Bar
Start off by opening the Notes tab by clicking the Utility Bar at the bottom of the screen as shown below.
Click the blue New button. A new popup will open at the bottom right corner of your screen. From the new popup:
1. Enter a title for your Note. This is required.
2. Enter additional description of your note here, you can also use the text styles!
3. There is an option to share the note with an user or a public group. Enter the sharing details in the new popup and click Done to return the popup on the bottom right of the screen.
4. If you want to add your Note as part of a record, select the record here.
5-6. Save or Delete the record after you have done your changes.
7. On top of the popup you have options to minimize, expand or close the window. Fingertip saves changes to your Notes automatically!
Adding a Note inside a Record
Attach notes to Decisions and Plans records to keep them easily accessible to you and your team. To upload notes:
- Open the Decision or Plan that you want attach files to.
- Navigate to the Files tab in the record.
- Click New from the Notes section. Enter Note details in the popup as shown above.
- Click Done.
There is also an option to add Notes to a Plan Items by clicking the Action Menu () inside a Plan. Choose a New Note option, enter title and description and click Save.