Do you want to make to your uploaded file to be visible for others? Use the Share option to share the file inside your organisation! You can even create a public link to the file so people outside your organisation can download and view the file. This tutorial follows few simple steps of how to share your files in Fingertip!
Sharing inside your Fingertip org
To start off, locate to the file that you want to share and click the dropdown menu () next to the file. From the dropdown popup, select Share. A popup will open. In the popup:
- Select from this dropdown if you want to share the file with a public group or a user.
- Type your keyword here, select the person or group from the dropdown.
- From this dropdown menu you can set the permissions for the user or group you are sharing the file with. Viewers can only view the file, Collaborators have the same permissions as the file owner.
- In the Who Can Access section you can review who has access to this file.
- Create a public link if you want anyone from the internet to download and view the file.
- Check this box if you want to prevent other users who have access to this file from sharing and unsharing.
- Click Done when you're ready to share the file.
Creating a public link
To start off, locate to the file that you want to share and click the dropdown menu () next to the file. From the dropdown popup, select Public Link. A popup will open. In the popup:
- Click the blue Create Link button.
- Another popup will open warning you that anyone with this link can view and download the file on the internet. Click Create Link again.
- There you have it! Copy the link to your clipboard and share it with anyone!