This guide will go through:
- How to create a Task
- Filling the Task details in the New Task popup
- Assigning Tasks to other users or groups
How to create Tasks in Fingertip
On desktop, there are multiple places where you can create a new Task from in Fingertip:
- In the Home tab, click on the "New Item" button. Then select "New Task" and click the blue "Continue" button on the bottom of the popup.
- Navigate to the Activities tab. Then click on the "New" button on the top right corner.
- On the top navigation there is a small plus sign, which opens the Global Action menu. Open it and select "New Task". If New Task is not available, you need to add the Fingertip global actions.
- It is also possible to create new Tasks as Plan items.
Filling in the Task details in the New Task popup
1. Title (required) Enter the Name for your Task.
2. Comments (Optional) Add here any additional details relating to the Task.
3. Priority (Optional) This field can be used to highlight the Task's urgency and impact. The higher the priority, the higher it will appear on lists. Priority will also be shown on the Task card.
4. Status (Optional) The Task Status indicates the progress of the Task.
5. Due Date (Optional) When does this Task need to be completed? Select the due date for the Task's completion.
6. Parent (Optional) If you want to add this Task to a Plan or a Decision, choose the parent object here.
7. Topics (Optional) Add any topic that would relate to this Task. Topics are not created in advance like Taxonomy, they can be created at any point by anyone. You can think topics are more similar to hashtags in social media.
Assigning Task to others
1. Click on the icon.
2. Start writing the name of the user you want to assign to the Task
3. Select the user from the list once it appears.