In Fingertip, Plans are used to gather together a visual list of items which you can prioritize, categorize and share with others for discussion. It's great for organizing larger concepts into a more understandable format. Typical use cases for Plan are projects, meeting agendas, portfolios, to-do lists and account plans.
All users in Fingertip can create Plans regardless of their user level or role. The feature is available also on mobile devices.
This guide will go through:
- How to create Plans in Fingertip
- Filling the Plan details in the New Plan popup
- Inviting others to your Plan
How to create Plans in Fingertip
On desktop, there are multiple places where you can create a new Plan from in Fingertip:
- In the Home tab, click on the "New Item" button. Then select "New Plan" and click the blue "Continue" button on the bottom of the popup.
- Click the small arrow next to the Plans tab and select "New Plan".
- Navigate to the Plans tab. Then click on the "New" button on the top right corner.
- On the top navigation there is a small plus sign, which opens the Global Action menu. Open it and select "New Plan". If new plan is not available, you need to add Fingertip global actions.
- It is also possible to create Plans as Plan items for creating a multiple level hierarchy.
On iOS or Android mobile devices, new Plans can be created from:
- In the Fingertip tab, click on the blue "+" button on the bottom of your screen. Then select "New Plan". If the "+" button is not available, make sure you are on the "Channels" tab.
- Similarly, if you have selected a Channel in the Channels tab, you can create a new Plan under the selected channel by clicking the blue "+" button and selecting "New Plan"
- Navigate to the Plans tab. Then click on the "New" button on the top right corner like you would on desktop.
- It is also possible on mobile to create Plans as Plan items for creating a multiple level hierarchy.
Filling in the Plan details in the New Plan popup
To create a Plan you need to first fill in the fields in the New Plan popup:
- Name (required)
Give a descriptive name for the plan (i.e. Sales Plan H2/2019). It can be useful for filtering to write the creation date of the Plan in the title.
- Select a Process (optional)
If the Plan describes a Process or Project with distinctive Phases, you should select a Process. Processes can be created here and you can create template processes for repeating Plans. Fingertip comes armed with some template processes for you as well.
- Description (optional)
Write down the purpose of the Plan in more detail. Describe the situation and background.
- Plan Start and End Date (optional)
Include the start and end time during the Plan takes place. If it's a physical meeting, enter the time when the meeting is planned to be arranged. If it's a project, enter the whole duration of the project.
- Create an Event (optional)
If checked, a Salesforce event is added to your calendar when the new Plan is created. Plan start and end date must be filled for this feature to work.
- Notify Users (optional)
If checked, a notification message is sent to all participants to notify them of the newly created Plan.
- Taxonomy (optional)
If you have set up Taxonomy, you can easily tag your Taxonomy classes with the new Plan. Taxonomy helps you to easily find the Plan and it can be used to automatically add people in different roles.
- People (optional)
Add people to the Plan by typing names and then selecting a user from the dropdown menu.
You can also add Public Groups. Read more about the Fingertip RACI model here. When creating a new Plan you will always be the Accountable role as you are creating it, but you can change your own role later if needed.
If you only want to draft the Plan without sharing it with others yet, leave it as it is.
Once everything is ready, click "Save" to create the Plan and share it will all the users selected in the People section.
Inviting others to your Plan
In the popup, adding people is simple:
- Click on the icon.
- Start writing the name of the user you want to add to the Plan.
- Select the user from the list once it appears.
Once a user is added to any role, they can see the Plan in their Plans tab or in any Channel the Plan has been added to.
If you cannot find the user you want to add to the Plan when searching in the "Edit People" popup, it is possible that the user has not been created in Fingertip.